




So in a rash moment of weakness I threw in my "mom card" and we now have a dog! Yes, for some of you reading this you are probably thinking it is a typo. I am too and we are all still in subtle shock. The things that we do for our kids! Matt and I both have said over and over the past 9 days (but who is counting) that we NEVER thought we (he and I) would see the day when we had a dog...not just a dog, but a HOUSE dog...yes, a house dog...I still can't believe it! He is still considered a puppy, he is nine months old, BUT these are the things I do know:
1. The first thing Tanner asks for every morning when he comes down the stairs is "Where's Odie."
2. Tanner will lie on the floor for TWO, yes TWO hours and watch a movie with the dog...curled up next to him. (This is not a standard practice for Tanner to hold still for two hours..especially without someone with him)
3. Emilee totes him around like a baby doll 24/7 and he let's her....
4. Natalie still has the permagrin smile EXCEPT when I tell her to take him on a walk and it is cold outside.
5. Savannah has bonded and looked at me with shear shock when I told them that the dog was going to have to go on day 3 when I was so tired of feeling like I have another toddler...and then gave me the "disapppointed, Mom you can do this look."
In a nutshell overall things are going well...so far he doesn't bark except when someone tries to get too close to "his" children...aka MY children.
He is crate trained and puts himself to bed around 7pm everynight and sleeps until around 7 every morning...better then my other toddler...
I feel like I just have another child literally...one that we have to "houseproof" the house for like we would a one year old. However, so far he still listens to me. I only have to say no "once" and he puts his tail between his legs and runs to his kennel;which, then usually results in me feeling badly and eventually giving him love and attention. He knows that he can't go upstairs and he does not go past the 3 stair. AND the dog trainer told us he is a very SMART dog! So with that....this is the beaming announcement that yes, we are now a "Real Family" as my children have stated because we have a dog... 9 days...but who is counting? AND yes, Odie does have a stocking....oh, my!






2 comments:
Wow! You gave in. Jen I was counting on you to stay strong LOL. You will just give Ty a reason to hope that someday I too will cave.
Congratulations! I am so proud of you!! Honestly Ace, our dog, is such a big part of the family now! But every once and a while I find myself daydreaming about shiny floors and a dog free home! But don't tell anyone! :)
Post a Comment