Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wishes and Mermaids

So tonight for dinner I cooked a ham. Natalie asked if she could have the wishbone. (yes, I did cook a ham...not a turkey) Matt explained that a ham does not have a wishbone. Natalie explained that she really wanted a wishbone so she could make a wish. Emilee said, "wishes don't come true." Matt asked her why she felt that way and she explained, that she had made a wish and it did not come true. He asked her what she wished for... "I wished that I could become a mermaid and it never came true." Yes, she is still a "human" girl but, we will try to reinstate the hope of wishes and dreams and hopefully all of her dreams may come true....

6 comments:

adventures in mommyland said...

oooh... I think that this summer she could prove her mermaid "worthiness"! I just LOVE your kids!! :)

C & K said...

That cracked me up! Would you rather have a horse, a cow, a dog or a mermaid child. I'll let you pick!

Cami Kenworthy said...

She does have the red hair. Too bad her name isn't Ariel.

She's cute as a normal kid anyway.

C & K said...

This is really wonderful! I could just picture that wonderful Emilee saying that! Love Grandma Paula

Unknown said...

Such sweet girls!

Brooke said...

Oh, how cute! I love the things that children say and do. It makes motherhood 100% worth it :-)