Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One more week come and gone!

What a fun week......

We planned our outing to the library. However, when we arrived at 11:30 we were informed that the library does not open until 12noon. So we decided to go to Target to get some new rugs. I bought new rugs last week for our wood floor; however, they do not have the traction on the back so we have been slipping and sliding. I bought the stuff to put on the back to help them stay put, but our Cherry hard wood floors are not cooperating and I am afraid someone is going to break a leg. On our way to Target we drove past the mall. Let me restate that "I wanted to drive past the mall" and the passengers in our van wanted to go to the mall. As Natalie said, "I am dying for a pretzel can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease stop.

Considering the emotions had earlier in the day because Emi was missing Steph and Lauren and Natalie felt left out because someone had been playing more then her, I threw my "mom card" out the window gave in and we went to the mall. For those off you that have spoke with my girls in that last few days...and that is quite a few of you....."Our new mall is soooooooooooooooooo cooooooooooooooool!!!"

Now I still could not get Savannah to even consider trying on new clothes and with all 4 of them there with me that did not disappoint me too much, but Natalie and Emi were full of excitement with all of the great stores. It was just my luck that we entered in right by The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory store with Build A Bear workshop right across the way, and then there was Claire's.....I could go on and on. It literally took us almost an hour to get to "PretzelMaker, which once we finally got there I then had requests for "Dip in Dots, which is on the opposite end of the mall on a different level, the cookie place (once again-the other opposite end), Burger King- which wasn't too far away and Orange Julius. So our simple outing to the library resulted in $15.00 at the mall. We compromised and had , Pretzels, Burger King and Japanese chicken and rice with lemonade. Fun was had by all including Tanner who loved all of the food and the tour via his stroller as he watched people and listened to his sisters talk about how "cool" this mall is. Fortunately, for my girls grandpa is coming in a few weeks and I am sure that will be the next time they get back for a pretzel. After them telling me for the upteenth time that grandpa doesn't make them share their pretzel bites and that he is "nicer" and let's them play longer on the toys, I informed them that there next visit to the mall would probably be when grandpa took them. Don't get me wrong, it is a great mall and I do like it; but I will like it much better with just one of my kids at a time or hmmmm maybe even by myself. Just a lot of action for one mom to keep up with and lots of people. Cool Toys and Great Stores. I give it a 10!

We did make it back to the library and it is great! It too is huge. The girls are so excited we got some great books to read and a library storytime schedule.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds awesome. It would be nice to have a real mall to enjoy.