

Jen Hunt and Cecily Spencer! What a day!!! Let me just say for starters....yes, Matt is out of town...he had tickets to the Mountain West Basketball tournaments in Las Vegas before we realized that today the girls had a piano recital...so we took lots of pictures for him AND then one of my dear friends invited me to go with her and her kiddos to the circus. Her husband also was in Las Vegas attending the games...so off we went...Mini-vans and all loaded with our excited kiddos. Now let me first state that the school sent home the free kid tickets...and the kids had been talking about it for days (The younger 3). We have been to the circus many times in Pocatello and the kids did enjoy themselves to some extent, but it was always outside and we normally froze or the sun shined in our faces the entire time... SO Cecily and I being the phenonmenal women that we are decided that we would take our kiddos on this outing. Now literally, before we could even turn into the parking lot we had to WAIT FOREVER, the lazy mom in me would have turned around right then if it hadn't been for the fact that Cecily was in front of me...."NO NO, we can do this I thought, I am a woman....we can do this...I am a great mom and the kids are going to love this.."...mentally I was trying to be psyched especially since Savannah was not thrilled about this entire event...she would have been happier staying home-but no not an option...family time was my reasoning and this will be a great memory and I CAN do this! So finally after driving thru the parking lot twice we exited and found another parking lot..THE PEOPLE....geesh....there was the longest line ever...this is definetly not like a Pocatello circus (out of Nat's mouth)...people people people people....seriously it was like they were all going to a Jazz game there were so many of them.... so we finally get in and I am still smiling...finally find a seat...we sit....oh' my...this is going to be fun....45 minutes later it starts...LATE....hmmm...Tanner is ready to leave...it is so hot, there is no leg room, people are crammed all around us....Tanner wants a "laser sword" and will not stop asking.....Okay, so it has barely started like "minutes" into it and sweet Cecily is now loading up her 3 kids and leaving...yep they are done... Next I hear "so mom, if they are leaving can't we"...WHAT? We went thru all of this...we are going to watch this circus and you will LOVE it! hmmmm....I hand Savannah money and tell her to find a sword for Tanner...hmmm. she comes back with 2 swords and no change...ugh! Now Tanner is happy, Emilee is happy...Natalie and Savannah are miserable.. hmmm...10 minutes later Tanner is no longer happy....he is accidentally hitting people with his sword...there is literally no room....the pink and blue poodles come out....okay...we are once again entertained...I look at my phone...seriously...it has been less then an hour..it feels like an 5 hours. Tanner is done....I think that they are all done so I announce that we will be climbing over 20 + people to get out of this row so please be careful and let's go.....we get outside and 3 kids are crying, what....why are we leaving we are having so much fun... (Savannah is not crying, but still asking why?) What? Are you kidding me...I thought we were all miserable and there is NO way we are going back in there and climbing over all of those people. By now I am thinking that Cecily must be at home with three happy kiddos and I am feeling slightly jealous....just as I hear my name called...I turn around and there is Cecily coming out of the building...WHAT? Why are you still here? Oh gees.....yes, we are both totally blocked in-the parking lot is jam full and some crazy person (for blog sake I will not type idiot) has completely blocked the exit of the parking lot! REALLY! Hmmm....where is my strong husband when I need him...we need to move the cement dividers...This is crazy!!! So we ask these two individuals to help us move a parking lot divider...hmmm.. no chance... they do not speak english...however, they were in a vehicle that was blocking a tiny exit. So Cecily and I guided each other out of the lot, barely squeeking thru and we were off! OOOH!The relief. Seriously, we are not going to the circus ever again was my thought! We decided to end the event at Sonic and got the kids all ice cream for dinner! Yum! The kids had fun playing and eating and life was all good! As I was driving home I couldn't help but laugh! What fun! So grateful to have my dear friend there with me! I probably would have cried otherwise! So just as we are pulling in to the garage my sweet Emilee says, "Mom, thanks so much that was the best circus ever and I hear a round of can we PLLLLEEEEEEASE go again next year?" Really? hmmm...so grateful for great kids and great memories, but NO we are not going next year UNLESS your dad and DAVE decide to take all of the kids and Cecily and I are going to a spa!!!
2 comments:
Jen, I laughed and laughed reading this. Isn't it great that it's in our PAST and not our FUTURE? Truly, I am going to print out this fabulous summary of our splendid day and glue in into my journal. I haven't had the heart to relive it by writing about it myself. You are the best. It's funny, neither one of us would have gotten as far down that dark path of circushood had the other one not been there for support...and although some paths are definitely better left untrod, I think this will end up being a good memory for me at least, if not for my children, because you were there. Thanks again! Love you!
Funny story Jen! You do win the Mother Of The Year Award for that one!
Post a Comment