Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fieldtrip to Crater Lake with Savannah's class












I had the privilege of going to Crater Lake with Savannah's class for their field trip! We had a blast! Complete with a bus ride there and a fun ride back with Dahl's. Lynne and Laurie went also, so we had fun visiting on the way there. I just kept looking around and thinking "I can't believe I live so close to a place this beautiful." Everything was so beautiful. We had a great day....just a little bit cold! We were able to learn all about the lake. The forest ranger was very informative and taught the kids a great deal. Savannah has made some wonderful friends in her class. It was so fun to be there with her and to watch her interact with her friends. They are all so much fun and good girls! Wonderful day!

The Centerpiece of Crater Lake National Park is the 6 mile wide Crater Lake, which lies in the collapsed collapsed caldera of a volcano inside of Mount Mazama.

I asked Savannah what her favorite parts of the trip were:

1. Seeing Wizards Island
2. Watching for wildlife with binoculars and guide sheet with team.
3. Learning about how they check for depth clarity of the lake.

No comments: