Tuesday, April 14, 2009
I am going NOW!
Tanner came downstairs today with his bag packed, red Elmo slippers on, and his jacket. He told me goodbye. When I inquired as to "where he was going?" His response was "I go Papa's now." My first question was "How do you plan to get to papa's?" It is a long walk. "No fly..." was his instant response. I politely informed him that it does cost money to fly and I informed him of his lack of cash... well he instantly, pulled out his money...two cents. Yes, it shows he had planned ahead. As I looked thru his bag to see what he packed-I quickly learned that he had planned ahead. One diaper, a bag full of trains and cars to keep him entertained, and a granola bar..yep, he was set. After I soon realized that I would not be able to convince him that this idea might not work- I let him walk out the front and down the street. He smiled, waved and gave me a good bye kiss. I let him get as far as the mailbox before I brought him in. He had a huge breakdown and screamed at the top of his lungs..."go papa's now MOM NOW! Hmmm....at least he knows what he wants and he sort of knows how to get it....if it only cost two pennies or if papa lived across the street it would have worked!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Oh, so sad and so cute all at the same time. I love that he packed a diaper! Maybe that indicates being ready to potty train? :) lol!
So sweet! That little boy must really love his Papa :-) I can't believe how grown-up your girls are getting! They are such sweethearts
Post a Comment