This was our conversation in the car on the way home from preschool Friday:
"Mom, I have a boyfriend."-emilee
"Oh' really, what does that mean"-me
"Well, Bryce told me that I am his girlfriend. He has 8 girlfriends. First Grace, then Addie, and then me.....and so on."-emilee
"Wow, that is a lot of girlfriends. That must just mean that you are a girl and you are a friend, right?"
"No mom, we are his girlfriends, you don't understand"
"Well, I guess not. Do you hold hands with Bryce?"
"Yuck, why would I hold his hand? Sometimes we just play on the swings together, me and Addie and Bryce."
"Oh, well that's nice Emi it is nice to have friends that are boys and girls, that doesn't mean that he is a boyfriend just a boy that is your friend.
"Mom, HE SAID I am his girlfriend, do you understand?"
I could tell that this conversation was going know where....so yes, Emilee is the #3 girlfriend and Bryce is a boy with a lot of girlfriends........
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
It could be worse...I think that Ally has asked every boy in her class if he would be her boyfriend...including a boy with a blue mohawk and fake tatoos. I just can't wait until they are 16.
Very funny! You write so well and the stories are so funny and make me laugh. Thanks for sharing love Daentte
He he, we too have had the boyfriend talk at our house, but I have to admit it was with our older girls!
Well luckily my Emily thinks that there is only one boy for her: Caleb. In fact, she thinks he is the only person she can play with, so I guess that creates its own issues, right? Kids are so funny, you never know what they are thinking or what they are going to do! lol
Post a Comment