Friday, October 10, 2008





















One of Emilee's FAVORITE things to do is crafts...our numerous craft bins confirm this. I know....I am the guilty party that has introduced her to this fun hobby. I pulled out my "list" of projects that needed....(I wanted) to get completed Monday and Emilee instantly was at the table ready to help. After unsuccessfully being able to paint, sand, and use the glue gun with "joy," and Emilee begging for help with her crafts I reluctantly put away "my tasks" (keeping in mind that I am also on the enrichment committee and Super Saturday is this week and I have a bunch of paper that needs cut, organized etc...) JOY JOY JOY..... AND we "crafted" for close to 4 hours!!! Yes, 4 hours.....we had a great time. The house looked very lovely and lived in all day....actually probably worse...because we had a great mess under and around our table...(plus the glue on the table) the incredible part was that Tanner napped close to 3 hours and then was content to help cut and color while we finished our projects. It was genuinely the most enjoyable day. I loved it! We sang songs while we worked...(hehehe "work"), ate snacks (aka...chocolate), Emilee told me stories...many...many...stories, I told her her favorite story over and over and over and over about when she was born (her favorite)...we discussed her friend Allie's "scary" experience in Pocatello of getting on a school bus when she was supposed to walk home from school over and over and over....a huge fear for Emilee is getting "lost" anywhere... we had a great mommy daughter bonding day. I new it was a huge success, when she told Savannah and Natalie that it was "too bad for you that you had to go to school, because me and mommy had the best day ever".....and better yet she woke up Tuesday morning and asked if she could stay home from school so we could do more crafts together. I have got to do this more often! (One of her favorites for the day, was making close pins for her sisters...we are going to let them put these on their "towel" so they know that it is theirs. We are going thru loads of towels each week...we will see how our "labeling method" works and if it helps...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute projects! Those memories will stay with her a lifetime. Then she will be a great mommy to your grandkids! I love kids craft projects:)