Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Get to know you tag...here it goes.
1. When and where did you meet your husband? I met Matt at Ricks College/BYU Idaho. It was his first Sunday in our new ward in October. (He came on the block) I was the RS President and giving a talk in sacrament meeting. As I was looking out at everyone I saw this handsome dark haired young man sitting about 3/4 of the way back to the left. After sacrament meeting I found him and introduced myself. We ended up being family home evening brother and sister from October until May. We were great friends and had lots of fun together. Simply friends and then....over the summer we wrote, we called, I went with him to a reunion, he went with me to a reunion. I went back east with Ricks for 6 weeks in June-the end of July. He was waiting at home for me with flowers when I got back. He was in Nampa during the summer living at home with his folks and I was in Pocatello. We got engaged August 26th.
2. When and where were you married. We were married December 16, 1995 in the SLC temple. It was a beautiful cold winter day. I still remember the energy of the day. It was a wonderful special day!!!
3. Who is the best student? hmm....Matt will laugh as he reads this. SOOO I want to reword this question. Who had the most fun in college? That would be me! I was the average student, but I had sooooo much fun. I loved Ricks! Now to answer the first question. Matt is the superstar student. Matt was on academic scholarship and needed to keep that scholarship so he lived in the library and his grades were fantastic. (4.0) I often have thought that we would have hit it off sooner, but didn't get the chance because he was always studying. Those grades got him then into BYU-Provo which is where we were when we had Savannah.
4. What are your joys now. That one is easy and a mom answer to follow. I LOVE genuinely love anything that has to do with our kiddos. Ranging from Tavasi performances( singing, dancing-perfoming group), soccer games, swim team, listening to them practice the piano, watching them at Gymnastics and dance...anything that they love doing-I love!!
I love the simple moments of rocking them in the rocking chair, reading stories, taking walks, chatting at night in bed etc...
As far as personal joys that we love:
I love to travel. I have been back East twice, China twice, Japan once, Disneyworld 3 times, Disneyland once, and Hawaii. Matt loves anything that has to do with a ball. He is a great golfer. He loves playing and watching all sports. He is such a fantastic dad! The girls love their daddy daughter dates with him. When it comes to "sports" with the kiddos Matt is the man. He has coached Savannah and Natalie in soccer AND the girls love it because their dad is there!! I look forward to Tanner learning all of the "ball" sports, because I know that he and Matt will have soooo much fun together.
5. What are your fun memories. Since this is "fun" I will state the "fun"
* we love Disneyworld. The kids have so much fun!! We have been with grandma and grandpa three times and with their cousins. Thanks grandpa!!! The kids love it!!
*family cabin in Island Park. Love Island Park and the joys of grandpa's cabin. Those memories are priceless.
*Anything with family. I am so grateful for a large extended family that loves our kiddos. They have so much fun with their cousins. They love anything that has to do with family!!
*I love the one on one time that Matt and I get for little getaways.

No comments: