Thursday, August 28, 2008

From the primary activity to a mom's late night..

Our day started out full of adventure...searching for 4 pairs of sandals this means 8 total sandals- which can be an adventure when we have a little guy that likes to hide/wear shoes. After we found everyone's sandals we were out to the garage.....only to find that we didn't have the keys, couldn't find my cell phone, oops' we need the diaper bag.....one of those mornings.

Luckily we were actually running somewhat on schedule which helped us to arrive only about 10 minutes late to the primary party at the train park. We spent 2 hours riding the train and finished off the fun with popsicles.

Tonight I went out to dinner at River Rock Italian Restaurant with a couple of friends. It was better then Johhny Carinos....I did not think this was possible, but from the appetizers to the pasta it great. Following dinner we met up with more ladies for the 10:30 pm (yes, not typo 10:30) showing of Mamma Mia. Now this was a blast! I have not laughed so hard for some time, plus the dancing....not by the movie actresses but by fellow friends was the best. Most everyone had seen the movie at least once some three times. Needless, to say they knew all of the Abba songs and they "we" sang to our hearts content. There was one other group of ladies in the theater so it was a ball. A definite girls movie/musical. However, Matt and I saw it when we came up for our relocation trip and he actually liked it too....the music. Anyways, super fun night. Thanks ladies!


http://www.mammamiamovie.com/



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun girls night. I am so glad that you are making great friends so fast. It makes moves so much nicer. The sandals thing.....all to familiar! haha